1 cup dry green chickpeas (green chana), soaked overnight
1 cup finely chopped cabbage
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 Tbsp coriander powder
1 Tbsp chaat masala
1 Tbsp garam masala or pav bhaji masala
1/4 cup thick yoghurt
2tsp red chilli powder
1 Tbsp olive oil
salt to taste
1. Coarsely grind the soaked green chickpeas in a food processor.
3. Add ginger-garlic paste. Sauté till fragrant and add the green chickpeas.
4. Add the veggies one by one and sauté well.
5. Add coriander powder and masalas.Let is cook for about 5 minutes.
6. Switch off the heat. Let it cool.
7. Add yoghurt and salt. Taste and adjust the spices as per your taste.
8. Pre-heat oven 400F.
9. Line a cookie sheet with a foil and spray it with an oil spray.
10. Take about 2 Tbsp of the vegetable mixture and shape it like an elongated ball.
11. Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 10- 12 mins till the top of the kebabs looks crispy.
12. Roll the kebabs and spray some oil spray and let them bake for another 10 mins.
13. Serve with Yoghurt Dip
Yoghurt Dip:1. Add a tsp of mint-cilantro chutney to 2 tbsp of yoghurt.Beat well. Add salt to taste.
This my entry to Health Nut Challenge 3.
Printer Friendly Recipe